- International Relations: SAARC Countries
- Pluralism and Composite Culture of Kashmir
- Human Development
- Political Economy of South Asia
- Governance and Development in India
- Gender and Society in South Asia
- Literature of South Asia
- Kashmir Philosophy and Learning
- Kashmir and Central Asia
Paid Group scholarships:
Research Programme at M. Phil and Ph. D level.
The Institute has a well conceived Research programme being run, on multiple levels. Scholars admitted to M. Phil / Ph. D programme come though following two schemes,
a) Madanjeet Singh (SAF) Scholarship Scheme meant for the scholar from all the SAARC countries. Under this programme the Institute has sixteen scholarships of Rs: 15000 per month plus admission and other necessary dues payable to University under various heads. Besides scholars are provided to and fro air/rail fair between their home town and the Institute once, during the period of their fellowship.
b) M. Phil / Ph. D programme for the local scholars selected through an entrance test conducted by the University of Kashmir for IKS.
The Academic Activities
- Extension lectures / Symposia in the fields of South Asian Studies / Kashmir Studies.
- Workshops on issues related to South Asia.
- Publication of Journal and Monographs.
- Occasional Papers
- Translation of the Ancient and Medieval texts into English and Kashmiri.
- Documentation of the Folklore and interviews with the eminent Kashmiri Scholars, performing artists and poets